Monday, April 30, 2012

More vegan "cheesy" sauce!

Mmmm...Does this look good enough to eat? I sure thought so...In keeping with the "vegan cheesy sauce" theme, I thought I'd post this photo of a dish based on "Best Vegan Macaroni and Cheese Ever" Recipe, published in United Poultry Concerns' pamphlet Life Can Be Beautiful: Go Vegan! When I make the cheesy sauce from this recipe, I tend to mix it with steamy hot just-cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies (broccoli, in the photo above) right before serving, rather than baking it...although macaroni baked with this sauce and a breadcrumb topping is a real treat! Oh!-And I tried using fancy spicy mustard in place of the yellow mustard, which was super yummy and created a little zing in case you're up for that! Here's an interesting article to check out from The Salt: NPR's Food Blog - Cracking the Code: Making Vegan Cheese Taste Cheesier...aka the most interesting chemistry lesson ever! I wasn't a big fan of chemistry class, but I'm grateful for the chemistry behind Daiya vegan cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment